Sunday, March 1, 2015

3/1-Lessons Learned, Hard Knocks Conquered

 I'll be posting all of my pictures as I upload them by the tons probably onto Picasa or Flikr within the next few weeks and post a link somewhere here. I haven't decided which site yet.

I encountered so much culture and history during February and it was really exciting and totally made this experience of being in China much valuable. Even though a loose thread almost unraveled everything in the end of this vacation and even with adversities I encountered, the generosity, kindness and guidance of the local people was really touching.

Despite cultural differences and language barriers, the strength of human compassion and graciousness is perhaps the real story of behind this entire experience.

I've learned so much and learned to handle crazy difficulties in the face of solitude and with relying on often nothing but the help of kind strangers. It has been truly humbling, truly incredible.

And so, if I could leave you with one thing that has inspired me the most on this journey of mine thus far, I will leave you today with the words of the great late Maya Angelou:

“Love life. Engage in it. Give it all you've got. Love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it.”



No comments:

Post a Comment